Yesterday I posted about what I called the Continuum's compensation package. It sounds cool, and it is cool. That said, I think that the only way to make it real is to use what's being offered. For example, among other things, I have:
- Talked with them when I started, to not work strictly full time. I have a thesis to finish.
- Learned to pair-program, among other agile practices. And continue doing so.
- Took my share of responsibility on what we do as a company and how we do it.
- Took the opportunity (and challenge!) of working with Hashrocket!
- Played a key role to form the Dynamic Languages group and also try to be as involved on it as my time permits.
Honestly, it has been much more fun than expected!